A friend sent me this excerpt from “New Way to Be Human” by Charlie Peacock:
Charlie speaking:
“Here’s what I’ve figured out for myself: My life is going to tell a
story whether I try to or not. It’s going to tell a story that says,
'This is what a follower of Jeus is , this is what he or she is
interested in, this is what he or she believes and trusts, this is what
he or she thinks is important.' Because this is going to happen and can’t
be stopped, I’d better make sure I know my role and my job description-a
student-follower of Jesus is a living explanation. As I go about living,
I will either make the teaching about God the Savior attractive, or I
won’t. It’s attractive on its own. I make it attractive to others by
living it out. My work should be to represent it accurately. This
doesn’t mean that my life will look just as his looked. That’s not even
possible. I’ll be doing well if I can, stepwise, become the kind of
person he’s teaching me to be.”
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment