Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Prayer

Prayer is not overcoming God's reluctance, but laying hold of His willingness. —Martin Luther


I'm thinking of doing a series on prayer for our next Bible study. If y'all have any good resources, books, or ideas, let me know! God's blessings and peace,

3 comments:

Derek said...

I liked Psalms: The Prayerbook of the Bible by Dietrich Bonhoeffer (and it's short, so might be good for a small group study).

My mom likes Reading the Psalms with Luther (from CPH), so that might be good.

And there's always the catechism! :-)

Mrs. Harmon said...

I have the perfect book, but I lost it, can't remember the name and don't have my Bible study resource binder to look it up. Do you happen to have the LSF regional retreat stuff from the first one we did with Rev. K. ? The book is referenced in that.

I'll look for it in S.A. at Thanksgiving.

Mrs. Harmon said...

Found it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060628464/ref=olp_product_details/104-8397737-0004752?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Prayer: Finding the Heart's True Home. Richard J. Foster

It's a really great book; a must read. It really opened my eyes to the depth of prayer and how it can transform our faith life. Goes way beyond "Dear Jesus"