Anyways, I love how Chris shares the stories behind his songs. He only shared a few at this concert, but they were powerful. I always really liked his new song "God of This City", but after hearing how that song came into existence, I absolutely love it. I was going to write out the story, but I found this video of Chris telling it, so you have to listen to him tell the story. Amazing, huh? The lyrics are so powerful, especially when you picture them being sung in a brothel in Thailand:
You’re the God of this city
You’re the King of these people
You’re the Lord of this nation
You are
You’re the light in this darkness
You’re the hope to the hopeless
You’re the peace to the restless
You are
There is no one like our God
There is no one like our God
For greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this city
For greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done here
We believe, we believe in You, God
Check out the original song by Bluetree or the Chris Tomlin cover.
But without a doubt, my favorite song of the night was "All The Way My Savior Leads Me". Listen to it here. It is based on the hymn written by Fanny Crosby, who wrote many a hymn, including "Blessed Assurance".
All the way my Savior leads me
Who have I to ask beside?
How could I doubt His tender mercy
Who through life has been my guide?
All the way my Savior leads me
Cheers each winding path I tread
Gives me grace for every trial
Feeds me with the living Bread
You lead me and keep me from falling
You carry me close to Your heart
And surely Your goodness and mercy will follow me
All the way my Savior leads me
O, the fullness of His love
O, the sureness of His promise
In the triumph of His blood
And when my spirit clothed immortal
Wings its flight to realms of day
This my song through endless ages
Jesus led me all the way
Jesus led me all the way
All the way my Savior leads me
All the way my Savior leads me
I finished out the weekend by enjoying the St. Pete nightlife, soaking in the Honda Grand Prix Indy Car race, and being a beach bum with my friend Jess. Why can't all weekends be like this one?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment