Sunday, May 31, 2009

Doug

I found out today that my dear friend Doug passed away today.

Doug and I both went to Texas A&M. We both lived in Houston. We both moved to Maryland for the same reason. Doug loved skiing. Our lives have a lot of parallels, except that he was about 40 years older than I am.

Before I left for Florida, he told me that he would write to me if I sent him my address once I got settled down here. I mailed him a letter 2 weeks ago, and I hope and pray that he was able to receive his mail and read my letter.

My friends say his last few weeks were rough. But in typical Doug style, he was confident, positive, and strong in his faith. When I remember Doug, I will remember his warm, caring personality, his upbeat attitude, and his deep genuine love for Jesus. My life is better for having known Doug. I will miss him dearly.

No comments: