I began thinking tonight how similar I am to the President. Sure, our political opinions, on things like healthcare, abortion, and the military, are quite different. But he has been looking for a church home just like I have.
Ok, maybe not "just" like I have. He has aides and friends to help him scope out churches in the area. And his presence at a new church certainly wouldn't go unnoticed. I wonder if the President gets a letter from the Pastor afterward, thanking him from "braving the unknown to attend" and detailing when the next New Member class starts up?
Somehow, I forget how hard it is to find a new church home. Maybe it's because the Lord has always blessed me with great fellowship and good worship in the past. I grew up in a good church with a great school, couldn't have asked for a better foundation and Pastor in college, and in spite of what I might say about MD at times, I've got some great friends up there and 2 churches that feel like home. So why shouldn't I trust God can provide that in FL too? Maybe it's because deep-down, I'm really quite shy. Maybe it's because I am horrible at good-byes, so the thought of getting settled into a church during a temporary assignment just spells heartache when I have to leave.
Needless to say, it took the President 5 months to find a church home, and he had lots of people helping him! Perhaps I shouldn't be so hard on myself. :) Or perhaps I should just pray harder. The thing about faith and prayer is that at some point, it requires action, and I've always had a hard time distinguishing when I should get down on my knees and when I should get up off my knees.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment