Comment from a high school friend:
---------------------
"You study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."
-Sen. John Kerry on the Campaign trail, 30OCT06 @ Pasadena City College in Pasadena, CA.
Dear friends, this is what I like to call crap. I defend this man's right to say such comments, my soldiers are prepared to die for this very ideal. Surprisingly enough I'm not writing this in an outrage. This man is entitled to say comments exactly like this, I'm writing this because this is a perfect opportunity to discuss politician’s behavior, in this situation we have a politician who is trying to capitalize on 'anti-war' sentiment in order to turn out votes. Just as opposing politicians are trying to capitalize on security issues.
Unfortunately that's the real problem; we have a lack of statesmen and an abundance of politicians. What's the difference you might ask? A statesman is concerned about the generation after him while the politician is concerned about capturing the next election. It's actually disgusting how much ignorance is flying around out there (what I call VDI or Vulgar Display of Ignorance). Again this comment is a prime example, here's some quick facts you can take to the bank...
-Enlistee's have a higher education rate than the US general public
-Most colleges approve military occupational specialty training for credit
-99% of the Military has a High School/GED/College degree
-95% of the Officer Corps has AT LEAST a Bachelor's degree
-A majority of Senior Officers (Major and Above) have Master's degrees.
-Our military is the most educated and technical military force in the world
Just to be clear again I'm not specifically trying to slam Sen. Kerry. I am, however, attempting to point out that words just get thrown around to beat the band. On all sides. So what I'm asking you all as voters to do is quite simply, pay attention and be skeptical of all politicians. Not right or left, but every last one them. And above all vote! Don't let anyone tell you who to vote for, discuss the options 'ad nausea' if you like... Just make your own choice and be responsible enough to do some research before you vote a 'straight ticket'- be choosey. The future is in the hands of your ballot...
---------------------
A picture to close out the post.
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment