For the past week, I've been thinking about books. Mainly wondering what kind of book I'd want to write if I ever wrote one. When I was little, I used to want to write textbooks. Yeah, call me crazy, wouldn't be the first time. The appeal of textbooks has since worn off, don't worry. I'm not sure I have any good book ideas, but then I heard from the rumor mill that OJ Simpson is writing a book called If I Did It. (shaking head) Sounds like we need some good book ideas out there...
Second, a friend sent me this link to Dr. Gates Yell Practice speech last week. "I got degrees from 3 other universities, but for the rest of my life, I will always be an Aggie. Y'all are blessed to go here, and I have only one request of you as Aggies: and that is to never forget the importance of duty and honor and country. I love you. I'll miss you. God bless Texas A&M, God bless you, and God bless America." Gotta love it.
Third, last Sunday in church with Sara and Gottfried, I was flipping through the hymnal and came across this hymn. After reading through the lyrics again, I just love it:
If you but trust in God to guide you
And place your confidence in Him
You’ll find Him always there beside you
To give you hope and strength within
For those who trust God’s changeless love
Build on the rock that will not move
What gain is there in futile weeping
In helpless anger and distress?
If you are in His care and keeping
In sorrow will He love you less?
For He who took for you a cross
Will bring you safe through every loss
In patient trust await His leisure
In cheerful hope, with heart content
To take whate’er your Father’s pleasure
And all discerning love have sent
Doubt not your inmost wants are known
To Him who chose you for His own
Sing, pray, and keep His ways unswerving
Offer your service faithfully
And trust His word though undeserving
You’ll find His promise true to be
God never will forsake in need
The soul that trusts in Him indeed
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment