Sunday, January 21, 2007
Clara Barton
Quick, do you remember who Clara Barton is? I was driving to an old friend's house tonight and saw "Clara Barton Pkwy". The name rang a bell, but I couldn't remember what she was famous for (my brain's getting rusty in my old age...). Google quickly told me she was the founder of the Red Cross. Aha, that's right. Speaking of the Red Cross, I gave blood for the second time last week. Didn't go quite as well as the first time: This time I had the luck of getting a lady who didn't know what she was doing and ended up with an impressive bruise on my arm. But, I'm tough, and besides, if they use my blood to help someone else, it's worth it. But here's hoping next time I get a pro!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment