Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Most of y'all know me as an analytical girl who weighs the pros and cons from all angles before making a decision. This characteristic is both good and bad. Good because it keeps me from ending up in "what was I thinking?" situations; bad because "the opportunity of a lifetime must be siezed within the lifetime of the opportunity". Sometimes we just have to be spontaneous, take a risk, and trust God with the rest.

Speaking of being spontaneous, my first spontaneous decision of the year was to book a last minute flight to come visit Betsy in Cedar Rapids, IA. We've had a blast catching up, reminiscing about the good old days, and speculating about things to come. Waiting in the airport for my flight, I was listening to some old Breakaway talks. Gregg's Sept 28, 2001 "Faith in the Unknown" talk really hit me, talking about Hebrews 11.

"By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God."

Gregg talks about what it means to walk by faith:
- Faith is a step-by-step continual "Yes" in your heart. We won't be perfect people tomorrow, but each day, God will grow us closer to Him and reveal His will for us in His time.
- Faith in God, not in the location. It's when we say "God, I trust that you are enough to meet my needs. Your love is better than life. I'm trusting in God, not in the provision of God."

Each new year brings new opportunities and new hope. I honestly don't know what God has in store for me this year. Good or bad, I'm trusting Him with 2007. Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments: