It breaks my heart to think of all the times I didn't appreciate what someone did for me. Or times I didn't explain how much something meant to me. Sometimes I just want to go back in time, pick up the unsaid words and the forgotten thanks, and shower it upon those people that mean so much to me.
How many things do we take for granted each day?
How many people ache for encouragement they never receive?
How many times are we so wrapped up in our own lives that we don't lend a helping hand or a listening ear?
Why does it take leaving to realize how much people mean to you?
All these questions have been weighing on my heart lately. Sure, it's impossible to do everything and be there for everyone... but do we really realize that fellowship and servanthood is what Christian life is all about? Are we really trying to live in Christ's example?
Thursday, August 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment