Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It started off with a Thanksgiving Eve service at Holy Cross. I really like Pastor Hafer. He is so genuine and to the point. He'll challenge you when you need challenging and remind you of God's grace when you need reminding. His sermon was on the top 4 things to be thankful for: God's grace; God's plan for your life; God's eternal salvation; the changes God makes in our life. The challenge was to identify something in your life that is jailing you in, keeping you from being joyful and letting God rule in your life. I certainly needed a reminder about how God has a plan EVEN WHEN WE MESS UP! When we make "bad decisions" or follow our own will, God works it to His glory. There is nothing I can do to thwart the sovereignty of God, and that fact gives me joy, peace, and confidence as a Christian. Church service followed up by discussions about faith with a friend, it doesn't get any better than that.

Thanksgiving was at my folks house, involving my immediate family (3 nieces, whoop!) and my aunt, cousins, and their kids (4 tremendously cute boys). It was a handful at times, but man oh man, times with family are so important and such a blessing. These are people who have been with me growing up, through the good times and bad, and I can count on them to be there anytime I need them. Taking a break from my hectic schedule and spending it with them was very refreshing. I hope they know how important they are to me. If it is the Lord's will, I pray that someday in the future I will be blessed with a Christian family of my own, and I pray that He prepare me for that.

So, I will go to sleep tonight giving thanks for the fact that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and I entrust my future to His care.

No comments: