It hit me today how I have absolutely no idea what I'll be doing in 2 months. Wow. My life is changing right before my eyes. Amazingly, I haven't been as stressed about it as I would have expected. It's in the Lord's hand, He will provide and take care of me, all I have to do is walk and listen, right? Of course, somedays are easier than others, but I'm doing my best to leave everything in the Lord's hands.
I talked to my advisor yesterday about job offers. She flat out told me to take the job with the highest salary because that will make the department look good. I had to hold in a laugh. Nevermind my happiness, my goals, my ideas of what is important in life, it's all about money! Well, I don't buy that attitude. I would work for nothing if I were doing something that I loved, something beneficial and with a cause. And, I would get so frustrated and fed-up if I were stuck in a pointless job, even if I were paid millions. I'm surprised to find out that I may be in the minority on this attitude. How can people use money as a motivation? I just don't understand it. Everyone has a right to live their lives however they want to. I'm putting my trust in the Lord. Somewhere out there is God's plan for me. These 24 years that have led me to this point right now have been to prepare me for where He is leading me next. That next step is getting closer and closer, and I pray that He makes it clear to me as I face all of these decisions.
Friday, November 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment