Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Answers

How many times in life do you just want answers! Wasn't that the appeal of Perry Mason and Matlock? They were always able to take the clues, piece them together, and end up solving the case. We go along for the ride and watch the shows, but they are doing all the work and revealing little tidbits to see if we're paying attention.

I've been thinking lately about how God answers us. For the most part, there isn't any one particular way He sends us answers. He works in big things and little things. Sometimes we can say "wow, that's God at work". Other times it's not until we look back and see how His hand has guided us. But I think it's really important to keep track of the times God has provided. That way, you have something to reference when you're in the midst of the trials again. Good students take notes during class -- this is no different, it's just a spiritual topic and a personal journey. Things of the future aren't quite as uncertain when you are reminded of the certainty with which God has taken care of us in the past.

Now, I totally have a LOT of progress to make in the area of journaling. For the past 4 months or so, I've wanted to start 2 new journals: One journal of my fears and worries; another of God's provision. But up until a month ago, that was just an idea. I finally got around to stopping by the store to purchase 2 journals. Now, I have to actually start using a pen to write in them -- once I finally locate them in my explosion of boxes as a result of moving out of the house. Yes, I'm definitely the Lord's work in progress, some days I'm reluctant and resist, but He is persistent, full of relentless grace and endless mercies.

No comments: