Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Jadon Lavik

So, I've mentioned before that I love music and good lyrics. I've been listening to a new CD by Jadon Lavik for about 2 weeks straight now, and I am absolutely in love with it. I could probably comment on how each song has meant something to me, but I'll spare you all that reading and just comment on one right now:
------------------------------------------
"Meant To Be"
Look around, what could i do?
This place is unfamiliar and new.
So I try to look beyond what’s right in front of me.
Hope to be found, how could this be true?
Comfort came and left in such a hurry.
So then what’s on the other side of this tragedy

You wake up to find that you’re right where you're supposed to be.
Trapped in uncertainty each day’s a mystery.
You wake up to find that you’re right where you’re supposed to be.
The past is unveiled and you see you’re right where you’re meant to be.

Look behind, oh how we’ve grown.
All the places we’ve been.
The places I’ll never never go back again.
If I had only known that all was not lost.
It always comes around again round again round again.
Patiently waiting just waiting.

Til one day you find that you’re right where you're supposed to be.
Trapped in uncertainty each day’s a mystery.
You wake up to find that you’re right where you’re supposed to be.
The past is unveiled and you see you’re right where you’re meant to be.

Now I see the reasons for all of those seasons wondering just how my life would connect.
My life would connect, but you knew all along all along.

You wake up to find that you’re right where you’re supposed to be.
Your heart’s running wild and free, each day’s a mystery.

You wake up to find that you’re right where you’re supposed to be..
Trapped in uncertainty each day’s a mystery.
You wake up to find that you’re right where you’re supposed to be.
The past is unveiled and you see you’re right where you’re meant to be.
------------------------------------------

Although I'm in the same town that I've been in for the past (cough cough) 7 years, there have been a lot of changes in my life. I'm in a new apartment, I'm getting involved with new churches, I'm learning what it's like to not be a student, I'm growing up and doing fun things like paying bills, you know, all the things that come with graduating and embracing responsibility. And more than anything, I'm learning to be content with where I'm at right now. But I'll admit there was a time not too long ago when I didn't have a clue why I was still in College Station. All I could do was wish I had taken that lucrative job with IBM back in December. Never mind that I didn't have peace about it, never mind that it really wasn't anything close to what I wanted to do with my life, never mind the fact that life's not about money -- I honestly thought things would have been better for me if I were in Austin working at IBM and moving on. Somehow I convinced myself that I screwed up God's plan, that I was wasting my time in College Station, and I had absolutely no idea what God was going to do with me next.

Have you ever had times like that? Times when you thought you were following God's direction, only to start doubting a few moments later if you really made the right decision?

Well, as tough as it was for me, I'm realizing that those doubts and trials of the past few months have been incredibly good for me. God has uprooted all the things in my life that I've built up for myself, things that aren't necessarily bad, but that can only be appreciated as gifts from our Heavenly Father. I got to a point where it was just me and God, He was absolutely all I could rely on and lean on. And you know what, that is absolutely the best place to be, and the only place I want to be! I don't want to be in Austin slaving for a big company. Not because that's necessarily bad, but because that is clearly not where God wants me. And I don't want to be here in College Station just because it's fun and convenient. Nope, I want to walk with God wherever He leads me. For now, I am in College Station because He led me here, but He is working on me. I'm not quite sure what He is up to right now, but He is preparing my future, revealing His hand in things I could not have imagined. These past few months have been about Him working on my heart, and while there have been intense growing pains involved, I wouldn't trade it for anything. The Lord is faithful. At times, He empties us out, but only so that He can fill us back up with His mercies and His desires.

So, back to the song: I wake up to find that I'm right where I'm supposed to be! And the Lord knows just where He will take me from here. And knowing that is all I need to know right now.

No comments: