I finally bought Aaron Shust's new album, because I am absolutely in love with his song "My Savior My God" mainly for the opening line:
I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at His right hand
Stands one who is my Savior.
I try to figure this world and God's will out, but the more I try, the more confused and frustrated I get. I simply don't have the ability to understand it all. I cannot sit here and tell you what my life will be like in 5 years, or where He will lead me. But I rest assured that He will lead me and teach me each day, one step at a time. Based on what I've been learning lately and where my heart is, I'm excited to see what God has in store for me. And I can confidently say that wherever I end up, it will be God at work in me and in my life. Not by my own efforts, but purely as a result of the grace and mercy of my Creator.
Aaron has a very catchy section in song #10 of his CD:
Be at rest once more my soul for the Lord has been good to you
Be at rest once more, oh my soul
Be at rest once more my soul for the Lord has been good to you
Be at rest once more, be at rest once more.
The combo of the lyrics and the music get stuck in my head and I find myself singing that part over and over again. But the lyrics "once more" got me thinking. Have our souls ever been at rest? Should they be? Can they be? If that means confident of salvation, yes. But what exactly does it mean for a soul to be at rest? Ultimately, I don't think that will happen until Judgment Day when our souls will be forever in God's presence. I dunno.
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment