"At the end of the day, there's never enough time." Especially if you try to get enough sleep each night. I just don't know how people do it. But I did my best to squeeze as much as I could into this Friday. And it just got me thinking about time, and how precious it is. Are you the type that thinks you have all the time in the world to get around to things, or do you think there's never enough time to get everything we want done?
I've been thinking about this concept lately. Now that I'm preparing for the big move, I've been trying to see as many friends as I can. But why did it have to take leaving to get me to schedule a weekend to hang out with my Austin friends and my Houston friends, or plan an adventure to New Braunsfels, or see my family? These people have always been important to me, but when you think you have all the time in the world, it's easy to put things off. I'm gonna miss Texas, and all my friends down here who know me and whom I've shared many a laugh with and plenty enough tears.
So then I think about how the Day of the Lord will come "like a thief in the night." And I wonder if we truly understand that concept, or if we get distracted by our daily lives. In the grand scheme of things, we are running out of time. Every second counts. How do we hold on to that sense of urgency when the world is telling us to build a stable, safe and secure life for ourself?
Saturday, September 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment