I was shopping in Target the other day, walking down the chip aisle. I was completely content with buying my Tostitos tortilla chips and eating them with Layne-recommended Safeway brand Southwest Salsa, until I saw a can of Bean Dip! "Bean Dip?" I thought. "Man, that brings back memories of good nachos and good times. Yes, I must rekindle those memories and enjoy some good old fashioned Bean Dip." Reaching for the can of Bean Dip, I realized that something was amiss. A close inspection revealed that this was not my much cherished Bean Dip. No, it was very similar, but quite different. Something called "Jalapeno Cheddar Dip". What?!? Why mess with Bean Dip?? Well, okay, so it's okay to offer variety, I thought. I'm sure they have the normal yummy stuff here as well. But my search ended up beanless. Alas, there was no regular Bean Dip in sight. In fact, I checked it out at another grocery store, and the result was the same: Plenty of jalapeno cheddar dip, no regular bean dip. I just don't get Marylander's taste in food. Shrug, oh well. The lesson, you ask? Things change, and they won't always be the way you remember them. So, enjoy your Bean Dip while you can!
In case you're wondering:
Real Bean Dip:

Imposter Dip:

A second lesson was learned in Target that day: There was a cute little girl just singing her heart out while following her mom down the aisle. She didn't care what people thought of her, she didn't care who saw her enjoying her time in the store. I want to be more like that little girl. I write this as I sing my lungs out to
Pandora's Counting Crows Station, with my roommate downstairs, probably thinking I'm crazy ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment