Monday, November 01, 2004

Questions

Why is it that humans are always questioning the events that happen in life? I think one of the first things a toddler learns is to say "Why?", and their inquisitive nature follows them around everywhere, much to the chagrin of their parents, until the inevitable "Because I said so!" answer comes out.

I find myself questioning God a lot---why I am the way I am, why something bad happened, why the world is the crazy mess that it is, why everyone has a significant other but me, and the list goes on... So if I am questioning God, does that mean I am doubting Him? Obviously I am searching for answers, but I think sometimes the questions grow me closer to Him. Is that possible?

I picture God saying to me "Because I said so -- it's all part of my master plan." One day, He will reveal the answers to me. In the meantime, He will comfort me and bless me as I trust in His unfailing love.

No comments: