5 years goes by way too fast. I still remember where I was (Legett cave 016) and what I was doing (messing around on the computer) when I heard about Bonfire 1999. That day and the days the followed were somber and solemn. You could feel the broken heart of the campus. Words cannot do justice. If anything amazing can be said of the situation, it is the amazing way in which you could feel people searching for answers and finding that God is the answer. Only He can comfort. Only He can satisfy. He gives life and He takes away, but He works for the good of those who love Him. I don't know why Bonfire 1999 had to happen the way it did. But I can hope and pray that people find comfort and peace through Christ Jesus alone amidst the heartache and confusion. Only He can offer hope in the hopeless world that surrounds us.
So, today I don't ask that you attend the Bonfire Dedication. I don't care if you go see the Bonfire Memorial. You don't even have to think about Bonfire if you don't want to. I only ask that you take a moment to thank your Creator for the life He has given you, for this moment, right now. Live every moment for Christ, for we do not know what tomorrow will bring.
Thursday, November 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment