So, Derek Webb played a concert in College Station today. All I can is "Whoop!". His lyrics, creativity, and faith in Christ amazes me. He really lays it all out in his songs. If you've never heard him, you are missing out. In my last post, I said I'd be listening to Shane & Shane all week, but... I think I'm gonna have to trade out between them and Mr. Webb.
I first learned about Derek Webb when I was a freshman in college. He played for Caedmon's Call, a band from Houston. His honest and intriguing lyrics caught my attention, and I became a huge Caedmon's fan. A few years ago, Derek decided to go off on his own tour. And, he now has three albums to his name. I can't wait for the albums to keep coming...
So, at the concert tonight, Derek played a song for "all the single guys and girls out there." I've heard the song a thousand times before, but it was right up my alley tonight. The song is called "Can't Lose You" and there's an explanation and lyrics at http://caedmonscall.net/songs/llol/track09.php. The part that hit home touches on a previous post "So now everyone's evolving and I am just the same". Derek used to write songs about the struggles of his single days. He's now happily married, and although struggles of a different kind, I'm sure the struggles are still there. Derek has evolved so much, and that is evident in his songs. Similarly, I am growing up as well. Although sometimes I feel like I'm just standing still, when I look back at all that has happened in my life to get me where I am right now, all the ways I have grown and changed, I am nothing but amazed at how the Lord works. All glory, laud, and honor to the King of kings who lavishes me with His unconditional love.
Sunday, November 07, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment