Monday, November 15, 2004

Future

The Bebo Norman concert tonight was awesome. He brushed the topic of being content with every season of your life. That's a hard thing to do sometimes, especially when I face struggles. But God uses every season of our lives to build us into the person He wants us to become. So, I will accept every season, knowing that God is working. In seasons of plenty, I will be thankful. In seasons of drought, I will trust in Him.

Church this morning at Salem was interesting as always, but I walked out the door with two phrases that affected me:
"Even when you are worrying, God is working"
"When one of our dreams is shattered and things don't turn out the way we expected, we can rest assured that God is working out new dreams for us, bigger and better ones, to mold us and use us for his purposes."

So many talks I've listened to lately have talked about Ruth. I really need to read through that book. But, to sum up the post, I am apprehensive about the future. I don't know the whos, whats, wheres, or whens. But I do know the why: Because I am trusting in God and giving him my future, and I will follow where He leads. So with that answer, the other questions really don't matter. So many things in life boil down to trust and faith. I trust that the Lord will be faithful to me, and His faithfulness will include seasons of every kind, but He will lead me through every season, from now until eternity.

No comments: